Seems like a crazy combo right? Sloppy Joes and pasta? Well, it’s delicious!!! On the next day with your Curry Chicken Soppy Joes leftovers you can most surely have sloppy Joes again, but if you want a little change here’s a really easy leftover meal and it doesn’t seem leftover at all! And even better, remember this meal is a Healthy Selection and low in sodium..Yum! 🙂
You will need:
- At least 1/2 of recipe leftover Curry Chicken Sloppy Joes
- 16 oz box Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Penne Pasta (cooked according to pkg directions) or pasta of your choice
- Parmesan, cheddar, or pepper jack cheese
- washed & chopped green onions
- 1-28oz can Hunts No Salt Added diced tomatoes
- approx. 1/8 cup fresh chopped basil
- 1 cup frozen corn
- (I prefer Simply Organic herbs and spices in my recipes)
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Curry powder
- 1/3 tsp fresh ground pepper
Begin to prepare the pasta. In a Dutch oven or large pot warm on medium heat the leftover sloppy joes. Add tomatoes, 1/2 the basil, corn, oregano, Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, curry and pepper. Stir well and continue to warm on medium heat. When hot turn down to very low heat, stir and cover until pasta is ready.
Remove from heat. Serve over pasta and garnish with basil, green onions and your choice of cheese.
Serves at least 4
If you have more leftover its great on a hot dog or to make nachos!!
Created with love by:
Char Head 🙂